What You Need for an Auto Quote
In order to get an accurate car insurance quote and simplify the process, you will want to have the following information when you contact Carriage Insurance to get a quote:
- Name, address, phone number and email address- So that we can get started on your quote and get back to you.
- How many miles do you drive each day, or each year? The less you drive, the less your premiums will likely be.
- How many cars are you insuring? You may get a discount for insuring multiple cars and there may be a maximum number of vehicles per policy.
- Do you own your car outright? If you finance your car, you may be required to carry both comprehensive and collision insurance, in addition to the state-required liability coverage.
- Do you use your car for business? A car used for business might require commercial insurance depending upon the circumstances.
- What is your birthdate? Young drivers are likely to pay higher premiums.
- What is your social security number? Your SSN is used to pull your driving record in order to determine your risk. Your credit may also be pulled. When an insurance company views your credit history, it will not affect your score.
- Does your vehicle have safety and/or anti-theft devices? You may be able to get a discount on your insurance because these devices can reduce your risk of injury or theft.
- How many licensed drivers are in your household? Anyone who lives in the household has access to your car, so the insurance company will need to factor in all drivers when arriving at a quote.
- Do you wish to exclude any drivers? You can reduce your insurance premium if you exclude someone in your household who has a bad driving record. You will not want to do this though if there is a chance they could drive your car.
- How many violations or tickets are on your record? You will receive a discount if you are a good driver and have a clean driving record.
- Who is your current insurance company? If you are currently uninsured, this could affect your car insurance premium.
- When does your current policy expire? You could receive a discount on your first year of insurance if you are shopping early.
- Are you married? Married drivers get lower rates since they are less likely to get into accidents. You can also receive a discount if you’re in a registered domestic partnership.
- Do you own a home? Homeowners will get a lower rate and may also receive a discount if you also insure your home with your car insurance. Homeowners should also consider higher liability limits to protect their assets.
- What do you do for a living? Your job can affect your quote because certain professions may have a statistically lower rate for accidents.
- What is your highest level of education? Rates are often lower for those with a college education.
- Does your car have a salvage title? Some insurance companies will not insure vehicles with salvage titles until full repairs have been completed.